Wednesday 31 December 2008

Intro Post

Hello and welcome to my blog.
I'm a simple family and emergency physician from Southwestern Ontario and I want to use this forum to share my thoughts on medicine and medical politics.
Unlike my friend, Garnel Ironheart, I won't be pushing a religious agenda or trying to antagonize people I disagree with, unless they're naturopaths, homeopaths or leftwing bastards who think that single tier health care is a sacred trust that can't be constuctively challenged. I probably won't be advertising this blog much either so it'll be interesting to see how much attention it attracts.
Welcome and enjoy the content.

2 comments:

Rye said...

Will you be pro-biotic or anti-biotic?

You need to get a blogroll going for this new site, and figure out how to get some link reciprocity.

As for your post, my father was admitted to NY General on Tuesday night with breathing problems. The cardiologist joked with him that he picked a bad night to be sick when he saw him on New Year's Eve. I think he was only half-joking. The paramedics however had my mom grinning when they left the house to take my dad in the ambulance: "Don't even think of following us, we're going to drive much faster than you could imagine... :)"

Delightfully Awkward said...

If you get a chance to read
Trick or Treatment by Singh let me know what you think.

It is a great read and overview and even though I agree with the conclusions, I have some trouble with the methods. It seems to put a little to much faith in Cochrane.

Noah

http://www.amazon.com/Trick-Treatment-Undeniable-Alternative-Medicine/dp/0393066614/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235448886&sr=8-1